What we do
Healthy Communities That Care (HCTC) brings together parents, youth, and community partners to:
- Build positive, safe environments for all youth.
- Increase protective factors, also called assets, while reducing risk factors, to minimize adolescent involvement in problem behavior. The more assets children have, the less likely they are to participate in risky behaviors, such as drug or alcohol abuse, early sexual activity and violent or criminal behavior.
- Enhance youth contentedness to school and community.
- Strengthen community collaboration.
How We Do It
- Engage and educate key community leaders on HCTC; work with HCTC Coalition.
- Assess community risk and protective factors; prioritize prevention planning needs and positive youth development efforts.
- Identify effective prevention strategies and create a community action plan. Implement most appropriate prevention strategies based on knowledge of existing community resources.
What can HCTC do for you and your Community?
- Develop prevention strategies that are based on real live data specific to your school and community needs.
- Educate community leaders, school district, parents and youth on youth development and building assets in youth.
- Give tips and insight for dealing with youth behaviors including
- Provide insight on the latest research regarding and issues and trends in youth behavior.
- Assess needs through youth surveys, parent surveys, youth interviews, youth focus groups